Category: Community

JSLink Display Templates and External Data

One of the questions raised during my recent session at SUGUK Cambridge, was whether or not JSLink could be used to style External List Data. I certainly couldn’t see a reason why not as the External Data Column allows you to surface data within a standard SharePoint list, but I couldn’t be sure without testing. …

Continue reading

SUGUK Cambridge round up and Internal Name Pain

I had the great pleasure of presenting to the SUGUK Cambridge chapter last night, doing my Display Templates session. I like presenting in Cambridge because the room the attendance averages around 20 people, in a small comfortable room which allows for a more conversational style of presenting. This session has evolved quite a bit over …

Continue reading

SharePoint Evolutions 2014 Bus Tour – Summary so far

Due to scheduling commitments, I had been unable to submit sessions for this years Evolutions. These commitments changed and I was very pleased to be invited by Steve Smith (And allowed by my bosses at Trinity!) to step in and fill some spaces on the first week of the End Users track at this years …

Continue reading

Announcing #SPCSR – A community project

#SPCSR

it all started with a very innocent tweet and a picture of me working propped on my suitcase in a train waiting room on the way home from SharePoint Saturday Belgium. Marc Anderson quickly replied, giving voice to what a few of us have been contemplating for sometime… and others swiftly followed! And thus #SPCSR …

Continue reading

Display Templates Session video from SharePoint Saturday Stockholm is now up.

In all the fun of getting back to work after Las Vegas and SPC14, I forgot to post on here that Matthias Einig had finished processing the recording of my Display Templates Session video and all the others from SharePoint Saturday Stockholm in January. This YouTube link takes you to my session, and the other …

Continue reading

SPC14 – Las Vegas – Wrap Up

The conference is over for another year and I must say I was really glad that I decided to go to this one. The energy and enthusiasm that was missing from SPC12 seemed to be back, and whilst we didn’t have a new version to shout about, there were plenty of announcements coming throughout the …

Continue reading

I’m speaking at SharePoint Saturday Stockholm – Jan 25th 2014

A few weeks ago the speakers list was announced and sadly I wasn’t one of the lucky few to get chosen to present at SharePoint Saturday Stockholm, which wasn’t surprising given the number of submissions and vast talent and expertise that was available. Disappointed but not deterred I still booked my travel to attend and …

Continue reading

SharePoint Conference 2014 has been announced!

And we’re heading back to Vegas again, but not the the Mandalay Bay, this time Microsoft are using the Venetian Conference Centre. Regular followers and friends will know that the Venetian is where Billie and I headed off to after the conference last year to stay for #ShareWedding and to celebrate 20 years of Wedded …

Continue reading

Looking forward to #SPC12

With the release of SharePoint 2013 just around the corner thoughts are turning to the SharePoint conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, November 12-15th and I’m really pleased that I shall be attending my third MS SharePoint conference. Of course the main reason for attending is the amazing content that is going to be available, the …

Continue reading